Fitnessgram 8.5 Update Now Available!!
Regardless of which Fitnessgram 8 software version you have, it is strongly recommended that you update your current program so that you have the latest enhancements to the software.
The Fitnessgram 8.5 update is to be applied to your version; 8.0, 8.0.1, 8.2, 8.3 or 8.4 program. The 8.5 Update incorporates all previous updates to Fitnessgram.
To determine your current version, go to the Teacher program and click on the Help pull-down menu. Select 'About'--your version number will be displayed at the top of the screen. If you have a network Fitnessgram program, the version will be listed for both the server and the client.
The Fitnessgram 8.5 software update contains many enhancements, including the following:
- Tools for Human Kinetics technical support staff to use when working with all of our customers.
- Data validation report providing names of those students who do not have grade, gender, DOB, and ethnicity.
- Data consolidation tool to clean up the Fitnessgram database.
- Export Wizard for the Achievement of Standards report has been greatly enhanced. Not only does the export indicate if scores are in or not in the Healthy Fitness Zone for a fitness component, but this information is also provided for the raw scores. Schools and districts can use this export to make comparisons of the FG data with other student information such as academic achievement, student absenteeism, negative discipline incidences, etc.
- The Research Export process is improved with selects for the FG data by date range and by grade.
- When manually adding students to the program you must enter the student’s DOB, grade, and gender. The program will no longer allow for a student to be entered into the program without this information.
- Aligned with #6, you cannot create a test event to enter FG scores without students having DOB, grade, or gender. Thus, if you have entered students through an import process without this information, you will no longer be able to create a test event to enter their FG scores. This will improve errors associated with not being able to print the FG student and parent reports.
- We’ve improved the data reporting process for our customers in CA with the new State Agency Export.
- Under the Utilities menu, you will see that we have made improvements to various features (i.e., deleting all data and promoting all students) by requiring a password to do so. This should help to cut down on those instances in which data is mistakenly deleted by users.
TO DOWNLOAD: Click on the appropriate link and the update will begin downloading
*Note - FitnessGram Network Version Users:
This update will need to be executed on both the Server and the Client(s) before the update procedure is complete. If updating from FitnessGram version 8.5, you need not update the client(s).